Table of Contents
2022/23 Trustee Scholarship for International Students at Boston University (Full Tuition)
Applications from eligible undergraduate students who want to enroll in a degree program at the University are now being accepted for the Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program for International Students.
About Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program
Every year, BU welcomes approximately 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0 grade point averages in high school and ranked in the top of their class.
In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
To be eligible for Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- International students are considered for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships only
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- Applicants must enrol in full-time degree program
- Applicants must be ready to enrol in undergraduate courses in the University
- Have shown incredible extracurricular achievements in their schools and communities
- Have SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program, applicants should:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application as part of your application to BU.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common Application.
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you describe a particular experience you have had or an activity that you participate in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
Describe a time when you felt out of your comfort zone or marginalized in a situation. How did you respond to that moment and how has it informed your actions moving forward.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2022