2023 Scholarships for African Students to University of Pretoria by MasterCard
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high-achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2023.
About the Award: The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Type: Masters (Taught)
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success. Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2022
Eligible Countries: African countries (Except Southern African countries)
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Fields of Study:
- Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Master’s degree applicants
List of Available Study Fields:
Students can select any study filed from given below academic fields and majors for Masters Degree Program.
- MAdmin Public Management and Policy
- MCom Accounting Sciences
- MCom Accounting Sciences (Coursework)
- MCom Advanced Data Analytics
- MCom Advanced Data Analytics (Coursework)
- MCom Agricultural Economics
- MCom Auditing
- MCom Business Management
- MCom Econometrics (Coursework)
- MCom Economics (Coursework)
- MCom Financial Management Sciences (Coursework)
- MCom Human Resource Management (Coursework)
- MCom Industrial Psychology (Coursework)
- MCom Informatics
- MCom Marketing Management (Coursework)
- MCom Taxation
- MCom Taxation (Coursework)
- MCom Tourism Management
- MPA (Coursework)
- MPhil Agricultural Economics (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Responsible Leadership (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Strategic Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Business Management Supply Chain Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Communication Management
- MPhil Development Practice (Coursework)
- MPhil Economics (Coursework)
- MPhil Entrepreneurship (Coursework)
- MPhil Financial Management Sciences
- MPhil Fraud Risk Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Human Resource Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Internal Auditing (Coursework)
- MPhil International Taxation (Coursework)
- MPhil Labour Relations Management
- MPhil Public Policy
- MPhil Strategic Communication Management (Coursework)
- MPhil Taxation (Coursework)
- MPhil Tourism Management
- MPhil Tourism Management (Coursework)
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
How to apply for the University of Pretoria Mastercard Scholarship?
Candidates have to follow the given below steps to apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 in Africa.
- Apply online at university portal www.up.ac.za/apply for admission to any masters degree program.
- Once you have been admitted, please contact [email protected] to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
- Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.