Website Christian Aid (CA)
Aquaculture Officer Job at Christian Aid (CA)
Job Title: Aquaculture Officer | Christian Aid (CA)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 7 months
About the Role
- The Programme Officer, Aquaculture will support Christian Aid’s development, implementation, and monitoring of the WFP livelihood project in Borno State.
- The Aquaculture component of the WFP livelihood project is key to the project, as this is the first time Christian Aid is doing Aqua-culture project for WFP in the North-East Nigeria.
- The role will develop and supervise the implementation of the Fisheries improvements in the value chains including production, capture and post-harvest processes; infrastructure and ensure delivery of planned capacity development both directly and with project beneficiaries.
- The role will create favourable conditions to the generation of knowledge, coordinate their sharing, innovations and best practices; and the transfer of skills between the beneficiaries in aquaculture production.
- The role will lead and coordinate the development and implementation of the project Annual Work Plan and Budget for the fisheries project components.
- The role liaises with relevant partners to increase fisheries beneficiaries’ access to the appropriate services, promote the development of sustainable aquaculture value chains which reduce risks and guarantee economic and social benefits for beneficiaries and actors in the value chain.
- The role will work with LGA based project teams to model techniques and processes for community engagement under direct implementation.
- You are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Aquaculture, Aquatic Sciences, Fisheries, Agriculture, Biology, and Animal Nutrition, or in a related discipline or in a closely related field from a recognized University.
- You must have extensive and relevant experience in providing scientific and technical support; advice to research and/or development projects in sustainable aquaculture.
- You must have demonstrable results-based management skills and the ability to effectively support programs, budgets, and human resources in the context of changing priorities.
- You must have the ability to mobilize resources for sustainable aquaculture development.
- An excellent training and facilitation skills with a wide variety of groups having diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and education levels is required.
- You must have experience working on fishery value chain actors and their service providers such as fingerlings suppliers, feed suppliers and suppliers of fish feed raw materials.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Cick here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.christianaid.org.uk.