Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre
Table of Contents
Internal Control and Compliance Officer Job at Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre
- Company: Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Rivers Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
Rhema Care was established in 2005 as a faith-based, not-for-profit, non-governmental humanitarian and development agency in direct response to the colossal challenges, critical needs, and gross inequalities created by abject poverty, illiteracy, injustices, diseases, disasters, conflicts, and lack of opportunities plaguing the developing world in general and the African continent in particular.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control and Compliance Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation, implementation, and reviews of Rhema Care’s internal control policy and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures of Rhema care, donors, and other stakeholders, especially regulatory and ethical standards.
- Regularly conduct an operational review and evaluate whether or not internal controls are sufficient and working as intended, operating procedures are being performed consistently and efficiently, and activities within Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre comply with regulatory requirements, legal standards, and standard operating policies.
- Report violation of processes and procedures and regulatory standards to management and the board with an effective action plan to mitigate risk.
- Follow up on issues raised and ensure that recommendations are implemented for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Advise internal management and organization’s partners including service providers on the implementation of compliance programs/projects.
- Regularly administer training to staff to ensure they have an elaborate understanding of all internal control guidelines and standards.
Risks and Risk Management:
- Development of Risk Assessment tools
- Periodic Conduct of risk assessment training workshop
- Prepare working tools for system strengthening, including risk assessment process, audit scope/schedule, and reporting template for communicating results of the audit finding.
- Conduct internal review of Administration, Finance, Procurement & Supply, Human Resource, Logistics, Information Technology, Monitoring & Evaluation and Programmes unit to evaluate actual performances against standards and targets.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by reviewing financial documents for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Organizational Effectiveness/Program Management
- Ensure safeguard of organizational Assets and resources.
- Review of all project and sub- offices on a quarterly basis with emphasis on system and operating environment. And follow-up on audit issues from previous reviews.
- Investigate and report violations of processes and regulatory standards
- Ensure there is proper approval and documentation for all financial transactions with zero case of inadequate approval or non-retirement of funds.
- Where necessary carry out thirdparty confirmation of vouchers and supporting documents, review of accounts & reconciliations.
- Presentation of monthly Audit/Compliance reports to management and board as may be required
- Evaluate compliance systems and ensure adequate software is in place
- Collaborate with external auditor when needed and lead effort to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable manner
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the unit head from Executive Director from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field. MBA or advanced degree in related field with a focus in accounting is preferred. A professional certification in accounting or a related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organisational of International or National status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant donors’ regulations.
- Knowledge of Nigerian law in taxation and regulatory reporting procedures required of Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Proficient in MS Office packages, web conferencing applications, QuickBooks accounting software or similar financial reporting software.
- Strong experience in presenting and facilitation on internal control and compliance topics
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgement and decisions.
- Adequate planning, monitoring and organisational skills
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organisational code of conducts.
- Proactive, vigilant, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively. Preferred
N150,000 – N200,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their two-page Application Letter, addressed to “the Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre”, clearly provides evidence of competencies required for the job, and a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address to:
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for and your name e.g. “Internal Control and Compliance Officer – Karibi Chinyere Dauda”.
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview scheduled to hold physically in Port Harcourt or via web conferencing.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Our Christian Faith-based identity is rooted in the vision, mission, values, and guiding principles of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. Rhema Care is an equal opportunity employer and with zero tolerance for fraud, corruption, sexual exploitation and abuse
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com