Table of Contents
Mechanical Engineer Job at Ultimus Holdings
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer.
Company: Ultimus Holdings.
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Employment Type: Full-time.
Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest in sectors that demonstrate growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
- You will be responsible for designing, drafting and coordinating of building services, offshore dredging and diverse systems such as commercial/residential construction: plumbing, sewage, HVAC, firefighting and equipment.
- You are responsible for working on all project stages from research and development to design and execution.
- Coordinating, designing and drafting of building mechanical services from conceptual to completion stage that meets needs and requirements
- Research and development of preliminary schematic designs to set the direction of the project
- Actively seeking new design and construction methods
- Reviewing of documents for quality control evaluations
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs, and budget
- Infuse all these requirements and conditions into design proposals.
- Work with the project manager and other project team members from the preliminary design and drawings stage to working drawing and execution.
- Supervision of project team as assigned
- Coordinating with consultants
- Meeting with suppliers and vendors
- Overseeing construction phases of projects by conducting site inspections and ensuring strict adherence to architects’ details and Development control approved drawings.
- Ensuring close-out documentation and project archives are complete
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings, renovations, or restorations
- Meeting with construction professionals and clients to discuss the feasibility of designs
- Working with contractors, surveyors, and building service engineers to create a construction schedule and bring the designs to fruition
- Reviewing local rules and regulations to ensure the construction project falls within all constraints
- Specifying the materials needed for the construction of projects
- Working with computer-aided design software to create blueprints and images
- Supervising construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines, stay on budget, and adhere to the original vision for the design
- Resolving issues that come up during construction
- Participating in project management throughout the construction
- Participate in tender technical analysis and negotiations.
- Preparation of tender documents including; detailed drawings, specifications and Bill Of Quantities
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Prepare and submit project and progress reports as appropriate
- Alter and modify the design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Preparation of BOQ, MTO, EOI, RFQ and RFP.
- Interpretation and review of calculations, specifications and design code
- Estimate the budget and scope of the project.
Job Experience / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Degree is required
- Licensed by a recognized Professional Body in Nigeria
- Minimum Six years of experience
- Proficient in standard industry software
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
- Ability to interpret Structural / Architectural drawings.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit ultimusorient.seamlesshiring.com.